Exhibition Building Brühlsche Terraces Dresden
The exhibition building, built by Constantin Lipsius in 1894, is part of the Dresden Art Academy and was destroyed in the 2nd World War. After provisional measures, the restoration of the east wing began in 2004. With interventions into the built substance kept to a minimum and efforts to preserve the traces of history, the exhibition spaces were restored and complemented by a gallery level. The contrast between the historical materials including plaster, stucco and sandstone as well as the new build out materials including steel, glass and concrete define the character of the building.